30 Days of Poetry 2015 Challenge

I love April because it's National Poetry Month! The bees are buzzing and my students are writing and typing furiously to complete the 30 DPC that began on Facebook.  This year, I am using a mixture of prompts from the last few years because some prompts are worth repeating next to the new prompts.

I love reading and hearing my students' poems.  They are more creative than I ever could be.  I am a fledgling poet, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the gifts of others.  My motto is to never ask students to do something that I wouldn't do myself, so I am attempting this challenge once again.  While it is tempting to repeat old poems, that would be setting a bad example and I'm trying to model best practices and behavior.  We are what we do! 

Here's the link to my mixture of the challenge.  My writing is going to show revision after revision and some listing/brainstorming before writing--basically the writing process most of us use.  I will sometimes be in "writing mode" and others pretty dormant.  This reflects my hectic life and the time it allows me to write.  For example, a trifecta of sad and bad events left me license-less in another state.  So, while I rode shotgun in my own car, I had time to play on my phone and start the challenge.  While waiting in the DMV, I had some more time to revise and write some more.  Enjoy the challenge of Facebook or this version of that one.  Just write!  Don't forget Poem in Your Pocket Day is April 30 this year.  I look forward to hearing or reading your poems soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TKAM Discussion 3 Equality --- START WITH #1 AS IT CONTAINS AN ANSWER EXAMPLE

TKAM Discussion 1 Drugs/Alcohol

TKAM Discussion 2 Philanthropy